By making a donation to Lamp, you will help us end homelessness permanently for the most vulnerable.
Lamp reaches those who have nowhere else to turn. Lamp clients face the highest barriers to housing stability and wellness, including untreated mental illness, chemical dependency, history of incarceration, cognitive and physical disabilities, trauma, and chronic illness.
By giving to Lamp, you support housing linked to medical and mental healthcare, and take a stand against the unnecessary hospitalizing and jailing of our city’s most vulnerable.
Did you know that it costs Los Angeles $2,897 per person/per month for a homeless person to stay homeless versus just $605 per person, per month for a formerly homeless person to live in affordable housing and access long-term services?*
Here are just a few examples of what your contribution can provide:
- $25 buys HIV test kits and prevention counseling for four at-risk adults
- $50 covers one week’s worth of art supplies for 20 people participating in Lamp's Fine Arts and Music programs, offering significant therapeutic activities that foster resilience and self-sufficiency
- $100 provides 50 meals to clients living in emergency housing while awaiting permanent housing
- $500 will move someone into permanent housing and pay for their security and/or utility deposits
- $1,000 supports mental healthcare for one client for a year
- $5,000 pays for emergency housing, linked to intensive case management, therapy, and meals, for 10 clients during a one-month period
Please make a contribution today by clicking here and consider supporting Lamp with a recurring monthly donation.
Donate By Mail
Please mail checks to:
Attn: Development Department
1920 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90057
Checks can be made out to Lamp Community, Inc. All donations to Lamp Community are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Lamp’s tax ID is #95-3993742. You can locate Lamp's financial information, including the 990's and audited financials on our Financials page.
Do you have questions about donating or how your contribution will be used? Please contact Donate@lampcommunity.org.
Click here to find out information on more ways to give and click here to find out more information on how to volunteer.
*Statistics provided by the Economic Roundtable