Gain a new perspective on your life and experience the true meaning of community when you sign up to volunteer with OPCC and Lamp Community today! We rely on the generosity of volunteers to effectively serve our community’s most vulnerable residents –homeless individuals and families, survivors of domestic violence, challenged youth, indigent Veterans, and others who have nowhere else to turn.
CLICK HERE for a list of ongoing activities in which volunteers can make a difference in the lives of others.
Steps to becoming an OPCC and Lamp Community volunteer:
1. Fill out a volunteer application form.
A. Groups CLICK HERE.
B. Individuals CLICK HERE.
2. Individual volunteers and group volunteer leaders must attend an orientation. These are held on Tuesdays once a month from 9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m. in Skid Row and on Saturdays once a month from 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. in Santa Monica. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with orientation dates. Please reply to this email with your orientation date selection.
3. If you are looking to volunteer for k9 connection or the Lamp Arts program, an additional meeting will be scheduled. If you are looking to volunteer with our Sojourn program, please CLICK HERE.
Steps after completing an orientation for individual volunteers only:
1. Provide proof of a negative TB test result within the past year. CLICK HERE for a list of local clinics.
2. Complete and submit the background check form provided at orientation. Human Resources will then run a background check at no cost to you. This process usually takes up to two weeks.
3. Once your paperwork has cleared, a Volunteer Relationships Officer will contact you to determine the best fit for your schedule.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to partnering with you in the future.